It’s hard to take good pictures in low light, but we managed to snap a couple of good ones the other night in Signal Hill.
For those of you looking to get some night pictures with your DSLR, here are a few tips.
- Get yourself a Tripod
- Turn your camera to manual mode
- Turn off the flash (The flash will ruin the effects of shooting at night)
- Set your camera’s ISO to 1600 or greater (Warning: The higher the ISO setting, the more noise will be generated in the photo)
- Slow down your shutter speed. Depending on the lighting you may need to go as slow as 1/60th of a second or as fast as 1/500th of a second. (Shutter speed will need to be adjusted when switching between white/light or dark colored cars)
- Apply down force to the tripod as you snap the picture. Any vibration created during the picture will result in less sharp images.
- Enjoy good night shots
Keep up to date on Social Media…
Follow us on Instagram, “Like” us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter & Subscribe to our Youtube Channel